Skip to content
Woburn Animal Hospital2017-03-09T11:39:45-04:00
Infectious Canine Tracheobronchitis
- Kennel cough is inflammation of the upper respiratory system; specifically, inflammation of the trachea and bronchi.
- It is easily spread through contaminated surfaces like toys, sidewalks and other dog exposure.
- Symptoms include a harsh dry hacking cough, gagging, vomiting, nasal discharge and/or retching.
- To treat, a veterinarian must do a physical examination, administer antibiotics and cough suppressants.
- The best prevention against kennel cough is a vaccine which is given intranasally and/or subcutaneously.